It was so so lovely to have a break over Easter! There was no camping trip this year and our eldest went away for Easter with a Friend, so we were a child down, which believe me makes a really big difference as the fighting between the two older siblings is non-existent when one is not here! LOL! Paul was also on holidays, so I put him to work doing odd jobs around the house! I am going to confess that I think these school holidays have gone by way too fast and I wish there was another week of them!! I like not feeling rushed in the morning and that is all about to change again next week!
I have not been that productive scrapbooking wise over the holidays, but I guess these things happen and I will get my deadlines done eventually! I have had a couple of LO's up on the Aussie Scrap Source Blog! They are running a new readers challenge called Style Lounge and all you have to do to participate is scrap in the style of the DT member showcased that week. I am the first up and apparently I have a "Shabby Chic" style! LOL! I had to choose a scrapbooking artists work that I loved and share a couple of LO's of theirs as well on the blog. The premise is that your inspiring scrapbooker will have a similar style to what you do or what you aspire to do. I chose Lene Bjornerud for her gorgeous layering of papers and amazing photographs.
Here are the two LO's that I had up on the Aussie Scrap Source Blog.
Loads and loads of shabby chic layers in this LO!! Heaps of distressing and so many of my favourite products and techniques.
For my second LO I used the stunning Emmas Shoppe by Crate Paper mixed with Prima of course! I ADORE the colours in this range, especially the yellow, I have such a soft spot for yellow!! It just makes me happy! I also some gorgeous spellbinders dies on this as well. Gosh I love so many of those spellbinders dies!!
Aussie Scrap Source also has a competiton running where you could score yourself a guest DT role with Websters Pages!! This opportunity is almost over so you will have to get cracking if you want a chance at this.
Read below for details (taken directly from Aussie Scrap Source Blog)
We’re thrilled to announce that the Guest Design Team opportunities aren’t over yet! How would you like to be on the gorgeous Webster’s Pages blog as one of their guest dt this year?
Create a layout or project using Webster’s Pages product, email it to us by Wednesday 4th May and you could be the running to win this coveted position.
Check out the fine print for details below and, if you need Webster’s product for this challenge, check out your local scrapbooking store. They will have received news about this promotion in our latest newsletter and will be stocking up on the beautiful new products (the new lines from CHA have just arrived in the warehouse!) for you to use in your projects. What a great excuse to go shopping!!
The fine print:
- You will need to include the following items from any of the Webster’s ranges:
- at least two patterned papers
- alphabet stickers
- at least one Websters embellishment or trim
- 100% of products in your project must be brands that Aussie Scrap Source represent. See here for a list of all of our suppliers.
- Projects must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 4th May. Images need to be clear, bright and resized for the web (around 600-800 pix at 72 dpi). Feel free to include close ups of any details you wish to highlight.
- You are welcome to submit more than one project if you wish.
- Projects can be layouts, cards or altered items.
- The winner will be judged by the team at Webster’s Pages, the prize pack and appearance date on the Webster’s blog will be at their discretion.